In Maryland

Register

Forums

Appliance Repair

Baltimore City, Baltimore County, Howard County or Anne Arundel County, Maryland.

Click Here To Schedule For Service

fixfault.com - Free Fault Forum - Fix Appliances, Electricals, Gadgets

---------------------

Never Service Your Appliance With Power / Current Going To The Appliance. Always Turn Off The Circuit Breaker Or Unplug The Unit Before Servicing.

CLICK HERE
FOR HELP LOCATING YOUR MODEL NUMBER
---------------------
CLICK HERE
For appliance help from around the globe
---------------------
CLICK HERE
To Order Parts
---------------------
CLICK HERE
do-it-yourself appliance repair guide
---------------------

Go Back   Appliance Repairs in MD Schedule Today, City Baltimore, Howard, Anne Arundel, Counties > Forums For Do-It-Yourselfers > WASHERS > Picture of Whirlpool, Kenmore, Roper, Estate > Whirlpool Washer - Direct Drive

Schedule An Appliance Service Call In Baltimore Maryland
Appliance Repair Today

Appliance Repair in Baltimore and Surrounding Counties

SERVICE TODAY

For Any Day Of YOUR Choice
Schedule With Us 24 Hours
443-940-0525
Appliance Repair In Maryland
Baltimore City, Baltimore County, Howard County, Anne Arundel County
  AdForWebForum

Click Here Star Appliance Repair.

Our URL address is http://serviceeveryday.com
For free, register and post for this Help You Fix It forum
... click me to schedule a service call ...

Old 11-19-2008, 08:43 PM

garfield00 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Whirlpool Washer does not stop filling water

Hi all, have a strange problem. There was a water pipe breakage in our county yesterday and all water stopped for the whole daytime hours. Come evening it was fixed and water started sputtering slowly. I thought it was ok to use my 5 year old washer (Whirlpool model LSR8233EQ1) and started the cycle, to begin filling water. The water just kept pouring into the bin and didn't stop!!! I stopped the cycle, removed the plug but the water continued to pour. So I closed water coming from the hot and cold water pipes, so I could prevent water flowing out onto the hardwood floor . The overflow water was then channeled out via a drain, I think 'coz the tray on top of which the washer stands kept accumulating water but didnt' overflow. . .
Next I tried pulling the washer towards the front to get some room for me to go to the back of the washer, but it wouldn't move much. It would just stay in the same position. I then gave it a strong pull and I heard a snap - and I see to my dismay there was a pipe connection at the bottom which I assume was the water overflow drain pipe.
I'm at such a loss of words at my own stupidity in doing this, but wanted to see if you guys could help me out.
1. What could be the problem in the water continuing to pour in spite of stopping the cycle and removing the power plug from its socket?
2. Did I cause a big disaster/repair work by pulling the washer to the front and thereby breaking the pipe at the bottom of the washer, possibly the drain..
Pleas help!!! Any advice would be much appreciated, so i can understand what I can do before calling the plumber
thanks in advance.
Old 11-20-2008, 08:13 AM
Administrator & Appliance Repair Man
Our Commander

Appliance Tech is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Whirlpool Washer does not stop filling water

Morning - Do not despair. Probably what has happened is the electric water valve, the the hoses hook up to on the machine, got debris in them when the water was turned back on by the county. And now the plungers inside the valves which open and close by the solenoids are stuck open from the debris. Just replace the water inlet valve on your machine.

On the second issue my guess would be that the hose popped off the inside rear of the cabinet and you will need some pliers to put that back on.

Both fixes the cabinet has to come off.

If you need help with that please let me know.

To Schedule for an appliance tech to come to your home in Maryland and repair your washer, dryer, refrigerator, freezer, dishwasher, oven or range, please click http://serviceeveryday.com

Old 11-20-2008, 08:59 AM

Good morning to you too! Many thanks for your reply, although i'm a bit clueless on the components you referred to
I'm just unsure a bit if I can do what you have suggested all by myself, now that I've messed it up a bit
- How do I replace the water inlet valve on this? Where do I get a new one from?
- You might be right on. However, this pipe was at the bottom of the washer under the tray I think. I haven't fully removed it, fearing what else I might break. Is it ok for me to tilt the washer and see what is below. Can I do this by myself?
Would it be possible to get any pictures of the structure of the washer so I know what i'm replacing and where....
again, really appreciate your answers.
thank you
Old 11-20-2008, 11:07 AM
Our Commander

If you are mechanically inclined, good with a couple of tools you can do this yourself.
Use this link for parts.
http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=154&P=69
You could enter the model number at the top left corner and look for parts for that machine.
This is the fill valve.

Read this from my friends site on how to remove the cabinet to work on the washer and gain access to the fill valve and other items.
Some cabinet removal has the two screws right in front of you. Some are behind a cosmetic plastic end cap. Some have the screw right behind the end cap and the end cap does not even have to be removed. Easy to spot the difference.

The fill valve is where the 2 hoses hook up to.
You remove it from that back side after the cabinet is removed. Remove the hoses then remove the two screws that hold the valve in place. Remove the two quick release wire harness from the solenoids and make note as to which one will go back on the top one and which one will get attached to the bottom one as this in the hot and cold that your hot/cold switch will tell to let the water in.

Also when the cabinet is removed look at all ends of the larger hoses at the bottom of the machine. Make sure that both ends of both hoses did not pop off. The one on the rear panel, bottom left has been known to pop off.

How to put cabinet back on.
Attached Images
File Type: gif Snap1.gif (14.0 KB, 4 views)
File Type: gif Snap2.gif (115.7 KB, 3 views)
File Type: gif Snap3.gif (124.0 KB, 3 views)

To Schedule for an appliance tech to come to your home in Maryland and repair your washer, dryer, refrigerator, freezer, dishwasher, oven or range, please click http://serviceeveryday.com

Old 11-22-2008, 06:57 PM

Thank you for the detailed reply, that really helped me a lot. I just wanted to update you on what the end-result was . II opened it up and saw the inlet valve like the figures and realized it was easy to replace. But I thought I'll just try out the cycle again before I do anything and viola! it was working. It was like there was no issue at all

But thanks to your help, I know a lot more about my washer now. Maybe I'll help someone else out if they have a similar problem. Very easy to remove the cabinet and put it back on.
Old 11-23-2008, 04:50 PM
Our Commander

Glade to help.
Whatever had that valve stuck open must have broken loose and removed by the water pressure.