In Maryland

Register

Forums

Appliance Repair

Baltimore City, Baltimore County, Howard County or Anne Arundel County, Maryland.

Click Here To Schedule For Service

fixfault.com - Free Fault Forum - Fix Appliances, Electricals, Gadgets

---------------------

Never Service Your Appliance With Power / Current Going To The Appliance. Always Turn Off The Circuit Breaker Or Unplug The Unit Before Servicing.

CLICK HERE
FOR HELP LOCATING YOUR MODEL NUMBER
---------------------
CLICK HERE
For appliance help from around the globe
---------------------
CLICK HERE
To Order Parts
---------------------
CLICK HERE
do-it-yourself appliance repair guide
---------------------

Go Back   Appliance Repairs in MD Schedule Today, City Baltimore, Howard, Anne Arundel, Counties > Forums For Do-It-Yourselfers > WASHERS > G.E. / HotPoint

Schedule An Appliance Service Call In Baltimore Maryland
Appliance Repair Today

Appliance Repair in Baltimore and Surrounding Counties

SERVICE TODAY

For Any Day Of YOUR Choice
Schedule With Us 24 Hours
443-376-8009
Appliance Repair In Maryland
Baltimore City, Baltimore County, Howard County, Anne Arundel County
  AdForWebForum

Click Here Star Appliance Repair.

Our URL address is http://serviceeveryday.com
For free, register and post for this Help You Fix It forum
... click me to schedule a service call ...

Old 10-26-2007, 03:54 PM

sdlynn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hotpoint Washer Leak

For the past few weeks, I have had a leak with my Hotpoint washer. I had a repair guy come out and 3 of the 4 stabilizers were broken. He fixed them, but it is still leaking. Now it is leaking more than before and in other places. When I saw the repair man take the front cover off, I noticed that water had been pooling for awhile because the bottom was starting to rust. Is it worth calling someone again or just buy a new one?
Old 10-26-2007, 03:57 PM
Administrator & Appliance Repair Man
Our Commander

Appliance Tech is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hotpoint Washer Leak

unanswered questions.
FIRST and always. What is the complete model number?
Second I would ask is how old is the unit and how many people in the family? (like miles on a car)

When does it leak?
When its filling? When its draining?

Also, if the rust is only a light dusting issue, and not causing the base to weaken, I would not go replaing it untill I had the tech come out and find and fix what you paid the tech to do. Fix your units leak.

To Schedule for an appliance tech to come to your home in Maryland and repair your washer, dryer, refrigerator, freezer, dishwasher, oven or range, please click http://serviceeveryday.com

Last edited by Appliance Tech : 10-26-2007 at 04:07 PM.
Old 10-26-2007, 04:09 PM

I looked on the back left side and here is the information listed next to MOD: VBXR1090D0WW.
We have had it for 3 1/2 years with a family of 5. Does this help?

It seems like it leaks when it is draining. I have checked the hoses to make sure we have connected them properly because it started after we moved the washer to tile and paint the laundry room. It hasn't stopped and there is no indication that it is leaking near the hoses or water connection.
Old 10-26-2007, 04:29 PM
Our Commander

Well 3 1/2 years is not old for a family of five.

From what you are saying that the leak began after moving the washer I would sure check all hoses thoroughly. Even the clear plastic tube, that connects to the left side of the tub (for the preasure switch).
The suspension RODS would keep the tub centered. So if it was in the fill mode and the tub was cocked off to the right or left it MAY not catch all the water into the tub and some could miss and make it to the floor. (I dont see this often)

The black rubber damping strap could cause it to leak while it was agaitaing or spinning and the tub could sway too much causing water to over flow out of the tub. (I do see this)

The unit can be run with the front panel off so you could watch to see where the water is comming from.

To Schedule for an appliance tech to come to your home in Maryland and repair your washer, dryer, refrigerator, freezer, dishwasher, oven or range, please click http://serviceeveryday.com

Old 10-26-2007, 04:33 PM

Thanks. I will check it out more and see.
Old 10-26-2007, 04:37 PM
Our Commander

Okay, let me know what you see.
Thanks
Gordon